The best gift is…
The thing you always wanted the most.
Something that will last forever.
Improves everything in your life.
Makes you happy.
Never grows old.
We keep seeking the perfect gift -hoping that this year the things we receive will fill us with a feeling that we are loved, understood, appreciated. It is a seemingly impossible expectation.
Somewhere inside of us, we may have an inkling that what we are looking and hoping for is something intangible, that it has something to do with love.
The Perfect Gift for Everyone
God presents us Jesus, both so many years ago in Bethlehem, and here tonight… wherever we are. He presents Jesus as the gift that will more than fulfill all the things we are looking for.
Let’s take time to open this gift, the knowledge of Him, in the many ways He is revealing Himself around us.
- There is His provision which we see in the good things to eat, the warmth of our homes, the presents under our tree.
- There is His blessing and goodness, in our experience of life, our health, our hopeful thoughts.
- There is the fruit of joy as we listen to music of the season, enjoy the lights, delight in the giving and receiving of gifts.
- There is His love reflected on the faces around us, of those who gathered together to share their love for each other.
- There is His peace which rises above all the war-torn circumstance of the world to unite us together in our time of worship and meditation on Him at this time.
Have a Merry Christmas, and open the best gift of God’s love in Jesus Christ… for you. Just for you.