It is nearly Christmas Day, when we hear the old story again, of how Christ entered this world so humbly.
But what of us? We are ushered into the presence of the King of Kings when we worship before Jesus. Whenever we pray, enter a church service, or give thanks for a meal, He is with us.
That is the gift of Christmas: God With Us.
One of my favorite Bible verses tells us how we should behave with God as our friend.
He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
Past Devotionals for Day 19 of Advent
- Jesse Tree Sun Ornament in 2007
- A Promised Feast from 2009
- Cars and Christmas, and no- this 2010 devotional has nothing to do with wish lists.
- The Sun, Advent Devotion in year 2011
- Bells of Christmas 2013
- Love Reaches Down Before It Lifts Up