Even More Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 4 c.unsifted flour
- 2 c. butter
- 4 egg yolks,slightly beaten
- 1 c. dairy sour cream
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 1/4 lb.walnuts(ground)
- 1 c.sugar
- 1/2 c.milk
- 1 Tbsp.almond extract
- 2 egg whites whipped
(1) Cut butter into flour with pastry blender
til mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Add egg
yolks and sour cream. Stir.
Turn out on lightly floured surface
knead until smooth and shape into ball.(If
too sticky, use more flour.)
(2) Filling: Combine nuts,sugar,milk,extract,
and egg white;blend well.
(3) Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease cookie
(4) On floured surface,roll out quarter of dough
at a time to measure,16 by 12 inches,1/4 inch
thick.Cut into 2 inch squares.
(5) Place generous 1/2 tsp.filling in each square,
then overlap two opposite corners.Pinch edges
to seal. Place on cookie sheets and brush
with beaten egg.
(6) Bake 10 to 12 minutes til golden. Roll in
- An 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter(1 cup)
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Apricot preserves
(1) Cream butter and creamcheese.
(2) Add flour
roll out thin
Cut into rectangles or use circle cookie cutter
(3) Fill rounds with spoonful of jam
Pinch closed and place on ungreased cookie sheet
(4) Bake at 350 F. til golden (10 min.?)
(5) Turn over in confectioners sugar to coat.
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine,melted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese,softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tblsp.milk
- 1 Tablsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
(1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
(2) Grease an 8 inch square baking pan
(3) In small bowl mix first three ingredients
Stir in melted butter til well-combined
(4) Reserve 1/3 cup crumbs;pat remaining gently into pan.
Bake 12-15 minutes.
(5) Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar til smooth.
Beat in remaining ingredients.
Pour over crust.
sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
(6) Bake 25 minutes until set.
Cool and then cut into 2 inch squares.
- 1 1/2 cups +2 Tblspn.unsifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dbl.act. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(2.5 oz.)ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup butter(or marg.)
- 1 Tblsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 egg,beaten
- 3/4 cup thick raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp.water
(1) Heat oven to 375.F. Grease 9 in. square pan.
(2) In large mixer bowl add 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar,
baking powder, salt, nuts, and butter.
Mix til well-combined. Add lemon peel and egg,
stir til ingredients are moistened.
(3) Reserve 1/2 cup dough. Pat remaining dough into pan and set aside.
(4) To reserve dough add 2 Tblsp. flour. Roll between two sheets
of waxed paper into 9 in. square.
Freeze for 5 minutes to firm.
(5) Spread jam over dough in pan
leaving a 1/4 in. border.
(6) Take reserve dough, peel paper off
and cut into 18 strips 1/2 in. wide.
Make lattice top with 9 strips parallel
and 9 crosswise over the top.
(7) Stir egg yolk and water together in small bowl;
brush strips. Bake 30 minutes until top
is golden brown.
(8) Cool completely,
cut into 36 little squares.
About 95 calories each.
- 12 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour(approx.)
- pinch cinnamon,2tsp.sugar
- small glass wine or brandy
- enough sour cream to make soft dough
(1) Combine ingredients. Roll out 1/2 inch thick
(2) Cut into rectangles or diamonds
with piecrust wheel
(3) Cut slit in center of each,pull one end through
(4) Fry in deep fat,and drain on
(5) When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you need some inspiration for gifts, or if you just like to look over book recommendations: