Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
From the beginning the action of planting is something that God examples and man follows. “Seedtime and harvest” is an expression of life cycles.
In this time of planting within our hearts, what gives us life? What kind of seed are we planting? Let’s see what the season holds.
- seeds of patience- patiently waiting for God’s timing
- seeds of kindness- making a speical effort to consider others and their needs
- seeds of happiness- adding special touches that ignite joy and delight
- seeds of peace- trying harder to get along and exhibit tolerance of each others faults
- seeds of virtue- doing more good, giving more good in our communities
…that is starting to sound like the fruits of the Spirit now, isn’t it?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
The Fruit of the Spirit in Our Garden
We are planting a garden in our life and in the lives of others… what are we growing there?
Think of one action that plants the fruit of the Spirit today. Plant that action in the garden of life. Place a big bowl of fruit in your kitchen or on your kitchen table- let everyone enjoy and be reminded of how good it is when someone plants good fruit!