In a sense, every day is a clean slate, but often we carry the debris and dust of past years mistakes or hurts. I don’t know about you, but Christmas season is the culmination of weeks of fall cleaning and preparations for going into a new year. I am always hoping to have the house as cleared as possible, in order to welcome my family.
Cleaning is an act of hope in some ways. It prepares the way by making space for new decor, new foods, new thoughts. Experience some joy today in whatever requires you to clean, whether it be a daily chore which you infuse with new appreciation for what it will make room for in your life and the lives around you.
List of Advent Day 3 Devotionals
Choose one to be your focus for this day.
- Thankful for Second ChancesÂ in 2016. The theme was “thankfulness”, and this explores the times we may start again.
- Hope for the FutureÂ Building hope, gaining vision.
- Festive DecoratingÂ Musing on the party lights for Jesus birthday.
- Preparing for PromisesÂ In 2008 the theme explored the promises of God.
- A Bar of SoapÂ inspired the 2010 devotional. That year, common items were the starting point for considering this seasons meditations.
If you use a Jesse Tree, place the ornament of the apple on a branch. Remember that the duties of life were not meant to be such a burden; that was an outcome of the disobedience of Adam.